As storylines go “Family Guy Time Warped” is just as bizarre as the TV series it’s based on! The game starts off with Stewie and Rupert the bear practicing for a gay dance show on Fox, when suddenly their graceful dancing lands them in a stack of boxes where they stumble across a document that shows Lois was originally going to put little Stewie up for adoption, but decides against it.
Stewie though has a tantrum about the fact he was not wanted but then he decides that this is actually a blessing in disguise so he rebuilds his time machine to go back to the past and change his moms mind to give him up, but it can’t be that easy could it?
In-game you take control of Stewie and Brian the dog in a scrolling platform environment . You must fight your way through different time periods and a range of foes, including big boss battles involving Peter, Lois, Joe and Quagmire.
On your journey through time you can also collect trophies which unlock bonus clips from the TV series.
Surprisingly I liked the game as it was really funny and addictive! The controls were also pretty basic but that’s good in some ways because it allowed me to pick up-and-play instantly. The only downsides were that the characters dialogue is text based - with the occasional one-liners spoken from the TV series - and the game is way too short, but it’s still worth the 69p asking price for the odd 5 minute tea-break.
- Play as both Stewie and Brian.
- Travel through the Old West, Ancient Rome and Modern Day Quahog.
- Exclusive time period and levels for smartphones: travel to Ancient Egypt and battle Joe & Meg
- Encounter a variety of time-warped enemies including Pharoah Guards, Centurions, Cowboys, and Time Cops!
- Collect a variety of weapons including shotguns, ipecac, and laser guns!
- Fight climactic boss battles against foes like Lois, Peter, Quagmire and Chris.
- Authentic Family Guy video and audio.
- Cameos from fan-favourite characters such as Consuela, Mort, and Herbert
Written on iPad 2