Secondly the C510E is based on the same technology and comes with full UK mapping and Major Roads of Europe (MRE) - with full maps of 24 European countries on a DVD. Both devices use the latest Tele Atlas maps available, version 2006.1.
Key features both devices share:
- Intuitive interface with full touch-screen entry and seven digit postcode recognition for simple operation
- Dedicated pedestrian mode and anti-glare screen for better visibility outdoors
- Speed (safety) camera locations' alerts
- Free database updates for one year after registration and ability to add new cameras
- Rapid predictive search by name across thousands of Points of Interest with phone numbers
- Hands-free calling with Bluetooth connectivity and built in microphone
- Get going quickly with SiRFstarIII and new fast processor
- Outlook synchronisation so users can call and navigate directly to their contacts
Features unique to the C710
- Built in TMC on the C710 for live traffic updates and suggested alternative routes to avoid congestion
- Pre-installed maps of 24 countries
- Advanced features, simple to use A touch-screen interface and Mio's latest navigation software - MioMap v3.....
Users can enter a full postcode for direct navigation. Navigating without postcodes is just as easy - as each letter of an address is entered, the device narrows down the options into a list so the user can identify their destination.
Navigating to work or home is straightforward - once these addresses have been stored in the device, pressing the work or home button begins navigation. A destination history list allows the user to navigate to previously visited destinations by simply selecting from a list.
For detailed journey planning both devices provide a step by step overview which the user can review and amend before setting off, meaning journeys don't contain any un-expected surprises. There are modes for large vehicles or caravans which avoid narrow streets and low bridges.
Thousands of Points of Interest (POI's) - including restaurants, petrol stations and other local attractions - can be searched for by name, category or location. The POI database contains telephone numbers so you can call your chosen destination before arriving, perfect for booking tables, checking opening hours etc. The predictive POI search speeds up choosing destinations by suggesting places as you type. It is also possible for the users to add their favourite destinations under POI.
Pricing and accessories
Both devices come with a windscreen mount, car charger and a USB lead for downloading speed camera locations. The C510E will retail for £239.99 and the C710 will retail for £359.99.
Indicated prices include VAT and may vary across Europe.