The Iomega EZ Media & Backup Center is a Network hard drive (1TB capacity) that allows you to copy/access documents, stream media content over the local network and access the drive online via it's cloud based services. Additionally the Iomega comes with iOS & Android App compatibility, but the latter is possibly the one area where the drive is let down.
For example the Apps that allow you to access the drives content are a little buggy and require some updates to improve matters. However to be honest for the £150 rrp (or £127 best online asking price) it's still not that bad and though performance is as you would expect from a Network drive it does have a lot of features and we had no qualms over its media streaming performance - partially thanks to the Network Drives dual-core 1.2Ghz CPU and 128MB RAM.
For this review we have created a video. The first part shows the design, the second part the web interface (for this you need to view the video full-screen) and the last part shows the apps. So hopefully it will give you an insight into what we thought of the drive.
- General Device Type: NAS server
- Host Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100 backwards compatible)
- Total Storage Capacity: 1 TB
- Width: 4.67 cm
- Depth: 19.81 cm
- Height: 12.8 cm
- Weight: 1.26 kg
- Processor / Memory: Dual-Core 1.2 GHz, RAM: 128 MB - DDR3
1. Relatively easy to setup
3. Solid streaming performance over the LAN (to and from our PS3)
4. Quite in operation
5. Power saving modes.
1. Can get a little too warm after pro-longed use
2. App support is poor, with the apps crashing when trying to access videos.
4. Web interface performance does drop after enabling encryption (though this is to be expected).
5. No Wireless support.