Sony PS Vita Slim Arriving Feb 7th
Sony a few days ago announced the launch of the new PlayStation Vita Slim (aka PS Vita-2000) and for those interested in the console it will be available to buy in the UK on February the 7th.
It will retail for £180 and for your money you are going to get a slightly lighter console (15%) with a thinner profile (20%). Mind you the updated Vita ditches the original devices OLED screen technology in favour of an LCD display.
On the flip-side you now have 1GB of built-in memory (which is a welcome move) and Sony says the battery life has been boosted so you get around one extra hour, thus you have up to six hours of gameplay and up to seven hours of video playback.
They have also replaced the propriety charging port in favour of a microUSB variant which again is another welcome move.
Hopefully we can get one in to test soon as it will be good to see the changes first hand!
However the original PS Vita is still a good buy, especially if you have a PS4 (for Remote Play) and you can snap these up for just under £100 now (pre-owned), though stocks of the original will not be replenished so if you want to get the original you will have to get a move on.
- Play lighter - The new PS Vita has a more rounded shape and is 20% thinner and 15% lighter than the previous model.
- Play instantly - Get straight into the action with 1GB of built-in memory – no need to insert a memory card to save your game progress and content (though an extra memory card is still a must).
- Play longer - Enjoy up to six hours of gameplay, or watch up to seven hours of movies with improved battery life.
- Play with PS4 - Enjoy your PS4 games on PS Vita with Remote Play – stay connected to your PS4 via Wi-Fi.
- Play the PS Vita way - The new model retains all the innovative, unique PS Vita features you know and love, including dual analog sticks, front and rear touch, front and rear cameras, microphone and motion sensors.